View RSS feed
Have Your Say
August - The Month to Discover a New Faith
Triple R. Review Reflect Respond - Sunday Discussion Group
9th August, 2011
9:20amTriple R: Review, Reflect, Respond - Sunday August 7th, 2011.
Facilitator: Neil Blood.
After service discussion on Dr Macnab’s address: Discover a New Faith
-- in Human Beings and their Behaviour --
“We lose faith – in people. In their behaviour. In good values.
Religion was supposed to restore faith. It has been strong on promises – vaporous in practice.
So we need to discover a new faith in people and human behaviour: with or without religion. Can we do it?” (Dr Macnab)
• Much of our daily news can cause us to have negative thoughts about
• Where do we look for faith if it is not combined with religion and belief.
• There is a resistance to change from those who follow “the old faith”
• Can we have a different society with the old faith.
• With all we read and hear, you could conclude there is a crisis of faith.
* Affirm a new faith in yourself.
• Affirm those whose behaviour leads to good outcomes.
• Society can be different with a new faith.
• Outward behaviour can assist those seeking a new faith and help restore faith in a new future.
• A new faith affects the way we live.
• A new faith encourages the best in humanity.
• Our response to the new faith can make a difference
A kind word.
Affirm positive behaviour.
Have good feelings about yourself.
Project good feelings onto other people
• Our response to the new faith may help others to discover a new faith.